Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Very Slow

Dang.  I finally finished chapter 1.  I mean I have enough material in the manuscript for 5 chapters, but I've finally gotten to the point where I am finally happy...completely happy with the way its turning out.  I am a very slow writer!!

I think PMS has a lot to do with it.  When I have it, I don't write.  :(  I don't know why.  Then inspiration strikes like lightning...and last night, I was off writing like a racehorse.

Now I have to refine chapter 2.  :p

I mentioned this to Hubby last night and he was like "Great!  At this rate, you'll be done in 5 years!"  Thanks a lot Hubby.  Heh heh.

I need to set myself on a schedule.

I've been reading Elizabeth George's new writing book and she mentioned that if you want to be published, you need to have talent, discipline and passion.  Pour moi, its the discipline part I need to work on. 

You need bum glue, she says.  Bum is Aussie for ass.  So that's it.  Ass glue, you are being applied to my bum until chapter 2 is completely and utterly brilliant!!!!!!