Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Ugh. I have a really bad head cold. Its 5:00 am. I was off yesterday...tried to get up to go to work today but as soon as I went downstairs to get some breakfast...started feeling dizzy and ugh-y (is that a technical term?). Felt slightly bad that I couldn't go to work as they are anal about absences...but what can you do. Took some meds and instead of sleeping...I am blearily typing this entry with one eye open and reading other people's blogs....

Changing the subject...even though I am 32 years old...its amazing how much your parents can still affect you. My mom read some of my writing recently and she...being typically her...was kind of critical of it. It totally kicked me out of the zone...its all mental...I know, but I have this block in my head now that stops me from writing. I need to get over it. Its kinda weird...sticks and stones do break your bones...but words DO have the power to hurt you...