Monday, April 19, 2004

It was a nice (yet tiring) weekend. Daughter had her 6th birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese on Saturday. 18 kids showed up...and so did many grown-ups. Luckily I was spared from doing all the major entertaining and cleaning...mostly did the hostess thing. I think she really enjoyed it. She made out like a bandit as well in terms of gifts...so she's happy.

Of course the day would not be complete w/o me gloating about it to Hubby...

Me: Did you see the party? Was it not great? Was it not grand?

Hubby: Yes, dear.

Me: Did you see me doing the hostess thing? Nary a flinch, even when 4 kids/parents showed up w/o RSVPing! The kids were having fun. The parents were well-fed. I was in the zone! Was I not in the zone?

Hubby: Yes, dear.

Me: Man, I rock.

Hubby: Sigh. You are gonna keep going on about this aren't you.

Me: Yes, I am.

Also picked up a cool romance, My Seduction by Connie Brockway. It was a nice, enjoyable read...sigh...

I go to Writers Boot Camp this coming weekend...so need to work on refining plotting points of manu. I wonder if wearing my Abercrombie&Fitch camo pants (complete w/ realistic military pockets) would be too much...